Welcome to the SSK Development and Revision Day Workshop
(ENTRY DEADLINE Midday Sat 12th)
- 11:30-1:30 SSK Revision
- 1:30 – 4:30 Development with Guest Grand Master (see details below).
Last year we focused on Chinese Wrestling throws used in self defence and sparring (Sanda/SanShou), many seniors recognized moves from our forms. This year we are probing our forms, looking at throws in greater depth and many hidden throwing techniques. This is an exceptional opportunity with World class leading instructor for Chinese kickboxing students of traditional forms or sparring (Once only offer). If time at end, anyone interested can have a little ‘wrestle’ with Rob offering some pointers.
– Open to all members and former training partners.
NOTE: Studio Capacity is restricted, Once full, we may close entry form early.
(If you are injured and wish to watch only, you’re very welcome but will be charged a £10 fee as space is limited)
Please fill in the application form below and we look forward to seeing you there
Date: Sunday October 13th 2019 commences @ 11:30 am (doors open 11:00)
Venue: Dan Tien Centre, Watford, Hertfordshire WD24 6NJ
Travel: M1 Jn.5 Northbound or Jn.6 Southbound; M25 Jn.19 cw or Jn.21a ccw
Underground: Watford (Met line)
British Rail: Watford Junction – short walk away and your Oyster card is valid
Free car Park behind building and unrestricted parking on surrounding roads.
[travel times: Brent Cross to M1 Jn.5 20mins; Euston to Watford Jnc. 15 mins]
San Shou Kuan’s goals for this event :-
• Improve the standard of martial artists performing their forms and fixed sparring.
• Improve the understanding and application of forms and fixed sparring.
• Improve the standard of our instructor’s coaching skills and help grow their class.
• Destruction workshop has produced phenomenal success rates in breaking skills and
confidence (Proper preparation prevents poor performance and preventable injury)
• Specialist Guest instructor, to continue developing and broadening our knowledge,
keeping our training current and effective towards being ‘a complete Martial Art’
• After workshops attendees are invited to join us for a meal (or we may order a takeaway on site!)
Specialist Guest Coach: Grand Master Robert Simpson (Yuan Xiang)
- Shuai Jiao (Chinese Wrestling), GB Squad Coach, European Director of Shuai Jiao
- World Shuai Jiao Federation Deputy Secretary General.
- Top world class Shuai Jiao referee with 40 years experience.
- ‘Chinese Wrestling’ has been called the ‘Grandfather of Chinese Martial Arts’ dating back over 4000 years. The term “shuai jiao” was chosen by the Central Guoshu Academy (Zhong Yang Guo Shu Guan 中央國術館) of Nanjing in 1928 when competition rules were standardized . The art is taught in the police and military academies of China.