Welcome to the SSK Development and Revision Day Workshop
(ENTRY DEADLINE Midday Sat 28th)
2 Sessions: 11:30-1:30 SSK Revision 2-5pm Developement with Guest Grand Master
Last year we focussed on throws used in sparring, many seniors spotted moves from our forms – so this year we are examining our forms looking at throws in greater deph and many hidden throwing techniques – Unique rare oppotunity with World class leading instructor.
Guest Instructor: Rob Simpson (Guest Bio).
Shuai Jiao is not just for fighters wishing to improve their Sanda/San Shou skills: from a self defence perspective; if you’re a skilled ‘stand up’ martial artist, taking you to the ground is exactly what an attacker would do.
– Having some basic defenses against throws and takedowns means you can fight to your strengths and not theirs!
NOTE: Studio Capacity is restricted, Once full, we may close entry form early.
(If you are injured and wish to watch only, you’re very welcome but will be charged a £10 fee as space is limited)
Please fill in the application form below and we look forward to seeing you there
Date: Sunday September 29th 2019 commences @ 11:30 am (doors open 11:00)
Venue: Dan Tien Centre, Watford, Hertfordshire WD24 6NJ
Travel: M1 Jn.5 Northbound or Jn.6 Southbound; M25 Jn.19 cw or Jn.21a ccw
Underground: Watford (Met line)
British Rail: Watford Junction – short walk away and your Oyster card is valid
Free car Park behind building and unrestricted parking on surrounding roads.
[travel times: Brent Cross to M1 Jn.5 20mins; Euston to Watford Jnc. 15 mins]
San Shou Kuan’s goals for this event :-
• Improve the standard of martial artists performing their forms and fixed sparring.
• Improve the understanding and application of forms and fixed sparring.
• Improve the standard of our instructor’s coaching skills and help grow their class.
• Destruction workshop has produced phenomenal success rates in breaking skills and
confidence (Proper preparation prevents poor performance and preventable injury)
• Specialist Guest instructor, to continue developing and broadening our knowledge,
keeping our training current and effective towards being ‘a complete Martial Art’
• After workshops attendees are invited to join us for a meal (or we may order a takeaway on site!)
Specialist Guest Coach:
Master Robert Simpson (Yuan Xiang).
Shuai Jiao (Chinese Wrestling), GB Squad Coach, European Director of Shuai Jiao,
World Shuai Jiao Federation Deputy Secretary General.
Top world class Shuai Jiao referee with 40 years experience.